If you are interested in any of these files then please contact the Provincial Archives of New Brunswick.
“Stephen Glasier was the son of Lieutenant Benjamin Glasier and Mary (nee Baskey), Loyalists who came to New Brunswick in 1782 and settled at Lincoln in Sunbury County. Stephen and his brothers, John and Duncan, were instrumental in establishing the lumbering business on the St. John River. Stephen Glasier died on May 2, 1861, and is buried in the family cemetery in Sunbury County.”
Additional Glasier documents are in MC30 and MC38. This series contains only four items but they all refer to the development of the lumber trade on the River.”
1 Certificate for the erection of a boom at the Shore Ferry signed by Stephen Glasier as agent for the Fredericton Boom Company; 1844.
2 Accounts of Stephen Glasier, Commissioner for improving River Navigation, for the Bear Island Bar Improvement; 1861.
3 Documents relating to the construction of the Grand Falls Bridge; 1855, 1860.
4 Benjamin Glasier, early settler of Central New Brunswick; by Lillian M. Maxwell, LL. D.